Monday, July 13, 2009

Thw Unexpected and unexplained Gift

THE UNEXPECTED AND UNEXPLAINED GIFT
************************************************************
Why was I given this Unexpected Gift
of experiencing these ancient islands
and this beautiful blue-grey sea,
that flows into some ... beautiful Philippine bay?
Included in this aesthetic experience,
I notice that there are
flowing above this floating sea,
clouds of pure white mixed with some distant... forlorn grey.
When combined with...
A beautiful but disappearing sunset horizon,
they seem to successfully and aesthetically create
a forefront and backdrop that so easily labours together.
A simple but beautiful labor created and perpetuated
so that my eyes... and my soul may be fortunate enough
to... partake of this loudly serene... Asian Sea.

Oh how I long to be part of those distant islands
that now seem almost hidden
among some mystical haze.
These sights, these feelings...they are my privilege.
They are an undeserved gift given by some unseen being,
that is of some higher and far more exalted existence
than I.

For, surely no mere mortal
could possibly own or freely obtain
such a right, as to partake of
such a perfectly created beauty.
A beauty that is normally reserved
for
those residing in...
a more celestial place.
What type of being
would bother to create
for this earthly domain such beauty and grace?













THE UNEXPECTED AND UNEXPLAINED GIFT
************************************************************

What anonymous benefactor
would extend
such an extravagance to mere mortals-like me?
This unseen benefactor asks nothing
material value from me.
No monetary promissory note of debt
is or will be accepted from me.
The only collateral that I am required to give,
is to truly and honestly
Respect, Honor, Care for, and enjoy
"these" most glorious women-
these beautiful Philippine Islands,
and this glorious... Asian Sea.
I will always treasure
this
unexpected and unexplained gift
That has been so lovingly, freely, and graciously
given
to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment