Friday, July 3, 2009

Serenity

Serenity
********
I sat beside the ocean,
and looked upon a place
of God’s creation that is…
So “perfectly” glorious to me!
A wonderful- the sunset ocean.
A calming image
of solid sandy specks of land,
and an exciting fluid mass of water,
Uniting,
In a marriage of
Serenity.

As the colours of dusk shone upon
the new grayish ocean,
I know that their warmth
benefitted all of the sea’s inhabitant’s.
It was just then that I noticed:
The stillness of the land…
The silent ripple of the now peaceful sea.
Causing me to believe:
“that God had stopped time
Just for me.”

As the sun and light
later began to completely fall,
the quietness of the ocean’s being
spoke volumes to my spirit.
A spirit that…overflows
as I am permitted to humbly adore
the grace and beauty
of the most
glorious, exciting, and mysterious female of all.

I will always love my ocean,
and she will always be precious to me.
Whether blue by day,
or deep black by night.
Whether she is brightened by the sun,
or a host of stars
her beauty will always be
“My very own”
Serenity.

Keith H.Seymour, is a freelance writer, poet, journalist . media consultant, current living in Columbia, South carolina. he is available for poetry readings, classes, (including tutoring), and classroom appearances. If interested in finding out more, he may be conacted at 803-960-875 (cell phone) or at keithhseymour@bellsouth.net

No comments:

Post a Comment