Saturday, December 7, 2013

Presence of a Need

Presence of a need
***************
By: Keith H. Seymour

You ask me what I want...What I need
that you and other who care about me,
can give.
Some present on a holiday, my birthday, or some other occasion.
I tell you....”I don't know.”
You reply lovingly: “take your time.
Except that what I told you...is a lie.
What I want...what I need...What I can use,
can't be wrapped up in fancy paper,nice ribbons, or anything
you can attach
a store bought.... or even a home made lovingly made card.

No. What I need cannot be purchased, or given.
What I need comes from me.
It is a sense of self, the knowledge that I am appreciated for me.
I need to know that my contributions are worth something
Not just those of material value, for I have so little compared to most,
and so mush more compared to others.
No, I speak of contributions of self, because sometimes....
that is all I have to give.

What I need... what I want...is someone
someone to kiss me good morning, and love me through the night
What good is all the materiel wealth in the world
if I have no one with to share it with...someone to become
part of me...The second part of a once complete
and now incomplete
soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment