Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Problem with Butterflies



                                                       The problem with Butterflies
                                                    ***************************
                                                                                                                     BY: Keith H. Seymour
                                                                                                                      ********************

If I were to go back...and change the past,
I would likely “presently” change the future.
so If I went back to correct my mistakes,
and prevented myself
from
hurting...and being hurt by others,
would I be ignorant because of mistakes not learned from, or would learn from other mistakes
Maybe mistakes that.. are not as bad, or even worse..

Would I be more compassionate
and a better judge of character, or would I be hurt by... and hurt
a different set of people?
Remaining just as hurtful and vulnerable as I am now?

Is it safer to deal with the horrors of the past or to find a way to eliminate them?
So as to have the possibility of a better future without knowing...weather
our futures will be the equivalent of something
that is a comfortable coolness, a hotter hell, or a life that is just as complacent and tepid
as that current state of being?

These are problems owned by even the most beautiful butterfly.
That butterfly... flaps it's glorious wings
without knowing
the whether, wherefore, or why.

No comments:

Post a Comment