Thursday, January 14, 2010

Understanding a Truly Valuable Gift

“Understanding A Truly Valuable Gift”
************************************
BY: Keith H. Seymour
I have so little
Yet at the same time…I have so much.
I have less then most,
Yet so many more have so much less than I.
So is it sinful or vain for greater wealth to vie?
Even if such added wealth, would not be hoarded by me,
But shared with even needier children of God
So often ignored… by society?

I have all that I need…God willingly!
Still my needs want more than I have… materially.
I certainly have more material wealth
Than HE…whose head was adorned by thorns…
And whose body enshrouded “The first HOLY robe.
It was HIS test, trials, and tribulations… not mine
That were far greater then Peter, Moses, and Job!

Though I possess by mortal Standards,
So very little wealth,
A far higher power has Gifted me
With a “wealth of Friends,”
That some may number… “just a few.”

It is “this generous spirit” that reminds me…
I am to extend the same “Loving Gift”
In a manner and time that “God… not I decides
“For me to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment